Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fun Weekend

The weekend went fast but it was so much fun! Paul and I had the pleasure of visiting my Aunt Winona and Uncle Wayne's house for two days. They are so much fun and full of hospitality. They let us stay at their house and we were able to the Mall of America with them then they treated us to dinner that night, THANK YOU Wayne and Winona! We really didn't spend much time there...just looked in at the baby stores. :) Paul and I went to an IKEA the night before and we LOVED it!!! IKEA is huge but so much fun to walk through. We bought a few fun/cheap things for Zoë's room. If you have never gone to one be sure that you do someday...very cool. hmmmm....what else.

Today, (Sunday) we were able to have the chance to go to John Piper's church (Bethlehem Baptist) it was great. You know, the church surprised me. It was very simple and to the point. It really was not showy at all. I liked the church and the sermon was about Jesus feeding the 5,000 (John 6) and how God created things in our life to point to Him. (go with me here, I am not good at explaining things) for example...we are hungry... we need to be filled... we eat bread and are satisfied... we are thirsty....we need to have our thirst quenched...we drink fresh water and we have the feeling of being satisfied. Piper's point was that these human things help point us towards what it is that we have in Chist... Bread of Life.... Living Water... Christ uses the human needs to point to the spiritual. I hope you followed the gist of the thought. Of course there was way more to it. :-) Paul and I then joined Mitch and Sara for lunch and we went over and watched a football game with them AND had dinner. THANK YOU Mitch and Sara for puting up with is. We love speding time with you and your beautiful and fun filled girls.

Right now I am typing away while Zoë is sleeping at a Caribou Coffee. (white chocolate mocha anyone? YUM!) I am going to try and venture out tomorrow and visit a conservatory with Zoë I am hoping we make it there in one piece.

One last thought... a 5 1/2 month old dressed as a giraffe walking around with her mom and dad at the Mall of America... SO CUTE!! :-)

No comments:

Where in the World

<

Our Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers