Wow, this week has been about as bad of a leadership week as i've had! The irony of it all is that I'm in the midst of working on my Masters in LEADERSHIP. I guess it's true that leadership is not always easy, nor is it always fun. It seems this week that being the leader has put me on everyone's blacklist (or maybe i just perceive it that way because i'm such a people-pleaser).
Last weekend due to horrific weather in Wyoming I had to cancel our Junior High Winter Retreat... what at disappointment for the 60+ junior highers and volunteers who were looking forward to a long weekend away.
Then on Monday, I had to make the tough call of canceling our missions trip to Kenya scheduled for the first week of March... the political situation and violence that is currently flaring up is just to unsafe and unpredictable environment for us to take a team of 13 people to.
And then tonight to cap it all off, I had to give the disappointing news to 7 High School kids that we are not able to take them on a missions trip to Bolivia which they had applied for, simply because there is not enough space to take everyone... 12 get to go, but it sure is hard to tell the other 7 they cannot! I know that keeping the team small is best for the team who is going, and that for the missionaries in Bolivia adding another 7 would be to overwhelming, but it is so hard because these are all such great kids, all who I love and want to encourage to pursue missions experiences and opportunities.
Bummer.

No comments:
Post a Comment