I spent this last week with my Aunt Julie. I really believe that God is going to answer our prayers for her and heal her. I was reminded of the faith that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had in God. They would not bow down to an idol. Daniel 3:14-18
14 Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying to them, "Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the gold image which I have set up?
15 "Now if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?"
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.
17 "If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.
18 "But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."
They trusted God that He would deliver them and even "if not" they would not serve another god. As we know God answered their prayers and saved them through the fiery furnace. I am reminded of something that Beth Moore said in one of her bible studies: God answers our prayers through a fiery trial one of 3 ways:
A. He delivers us from the fiery trial... (bringing glory to His name for the miracle and strengthening our faith.)
B. He delivers us through the fiery trial... (bringing glory to his name by strengthening our faith and purifying us by releasing us from bondage.)
C. He delivers us by the fiery trial by taking us to heaven... (our faith becomes reality)
Most of us in our humanity think that A would be the best answer to our prayers and we don't want to experience B and yet in reality C is the best choice. If we only knew what heaven was in reality none of us would want to be left here on earth. I guess this was just one of the things that I was pondering while I watched my aunt Julie walk faithfully through the fiery trial of lung cancer.
Please read the following article. (just click on the share button). Be praying for our brothers and sisters around the world who are enduring the fiery trial of persecution and martyrdom as a result of their love for Jesus Christ and for sharing it openly. Pray that they stand strong and are encouraged by other believers.
~Fix your eyes on Jesus
share
Posted using ShareThis

No comments:
Post a Comment