Saturday, July 18, 2009

Funny Facts

Fact: I am learning that it is sometimes hard to be a mom.
Fact: Poop finds a way to defy gravity and travel up a baby, and not only that, it knows to come out the front of the diaper and not the back... amazing!

OK...story.... yesterday Paul and I went up to the ropes course with the band at Super Summer. I took the baby jogger which I have to say that we love because it is so versatile. Anyway, it all was going well up there in the forest... baby sleeping... etc. When Katie, a band member's wife, said... "Zoë's crying." I went over, thinking that I was going to just sit on a stump and feed her quickly, when I saw the yellow on the front of her onesie. Yes, it was poop and it had defied gravity and traveled up the front of her onesie. (This is where I make a plug for cloth diapers....Zoë has never blown one out...only disposables.) I was not laughing. I had to take her right down the mountain back to camp ASAP. She was screaming... I was ticked. (not at her... just at myself for not bringing the diaper bag up.) I ended up having to take a shower with her because she was a mess. She was screaming... poor thing. I then ended up having to do some laundry...which didn't work at first... I was frustrated. Finally I found someone who helped get my quarters back and get the poopy laundry started... yikes! What an afternoon!
here is Zoë with Aunt Bee ... look at her "firecracker" hair... that is from the shower yesterday! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Abbie but I am, shall we say laughing my you know what off... Babies are quite spectacular with what they can do! Wait until the projectile vomiting comes... Hope you're having a great summer!

Dawson and Alicia Olfert said...

I can give an amen to no blow outs with cloth diapers! Funny story, but I feel for you =) Thanks for toughing out camp, too. She'll have good memories of it someday...and so will you!

Where in the World

<

Our Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers