Here is how my day started:
I am NOT a morning person and I can get downright grumpy if I don't get enough sleep. Well, I haven't been getting great sleep lately as I am uncomfortable in bed. I had to wake up early this morning because I was presenting a technology workshop to other teachers. I made sure that I was at school by 7:15 this morning so that I could get the Library prepared for the influx of people taking my class. Well, I was locked out of the school. I could not get in. Finally I found a door that led to the child care center. I was so thankful that they were there! I decided that I would wait until other people started coming to worry. The lights were all out, the front door was locked and the Library was locked. About 7:50 I started to freak out. People started arriving for my class and I did not have a room. So, I put everyone in my room. The desks were too tiny and I felt bad. I started trying to get everyone connected to the internet etc. and in walked my principal! I was so thankful! he opened everything up and then we were able to move to the Library. It took about 20 mins. for me to get everything ready.
One of the things that I showed the class today was www.delicious.com a bookmarking website. This is a great site for teachers as it allows you to share your bookmarked pages with other teachers. I thought it would take awhile to get everyone registered...it only took ten mins.!!I couldn't believe my luck! So, I started right in with explaining things and having them try certain things when the site kicked us all off. We could not use the site. We had too many people signing on from the same IP address.....AHHHH!!! It would not work!! I was frustrated and so I took a deep breath and told everyone that I would walk them through how to bookmark and what that looks like. I logged into my account and started talking without looking at my screen. I looked up and immediately remembered that the last things that I had bookmarked were all about breastfeeding and how to pump!! I could have crawled into a hole right then and there. My websites were marked so that only I could see them if I logged in, and no one else could if they went to my site.... well I logged in. I tried to get off the site ASAP. Everyone laughed.... I did too. What else could you do?
Needless to say I eventually let everyone leave a bit early since nothing was cooperating with me well. I hope the afternoon goes better than the morning!!

No comments:
Post a Comment