Saturday, May 16, 2009

So This is Love


So this is love shown by my wonderful husband Paul.

So this is love...
-not caring that your wife can hardly walk. (I definitely walk like a 120 year old!)
-not caring that your wife's body is bloated and misshapen from a C-Section
-caring gently for your wife as she lays in bed and can't do what she normally does.
-caring for your wife as she struggles to figure out all the "mommy" things that give her anxiety
-cutting your wife's toenails, which she can't reach.
-preparing food and carrying it up to her in bed.
-changing Zoë's diapers when mommy can't get up.
-staying up at night to cuddle with Zoë so mommy can sleep.
-fetching water, food, odds and ends so mommy doesn't have to get up and move.
-checking incision daily to make sure everything is OK.
-juggling work, school (to get a masters in leadership) , and EVERYTHING at home.
-making sure mommy is taking her vitamins :)
-commenting daily of how much he loves our new daughter Zoë.
-taking your wife in your arms and telling her how much you love her just the way she is.

I could go on, but I am crying because I am so thankful for the husband that God has given me. He is very precious to me. Thank you Paul for all you are doing right now. I know that it is not easy on you. You are an amazing man and I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abbie, what a wonderful tribute you have written about our son. It brings tears to our eyes. You truly are a beautiful answer to our prayer of a loving helpmate to Paul. And you are beautiful no matter what. Thank you for carrying our granddaughter for the "almost" 9 months, for suffering through labor and its after effects, and for being an awesome Mom to Zoe. We are all blessed to have you as family. See you soon. Mom and Dad Hansen

Where in the World

<

Our Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers