Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Stuck Tight
Well, here I am in a place that I never thought I would be staying...a Big Timber hotel. I have spent the last 4 days on a trip to Helena where I learned massive amounts of technology to share with other teachers and of course to use myself. Helena was great fun. I made some new friends and learned a lot. We stayed in a very nice hotel and had a chance to do some creative activities throughout the two days. Our group left yesterday and the roads were great. We made it to Bozeman and across the pass...but we noticed more snow beginning to accumulate and that as the sun began to go down that there were more patches of ice. We began to slow down as we snuck along the highway. Then we began to get scared as we passed multiple accidents. We got absolutely quiet as a car spun out of control in front of our car and landed in the median. We pulled over to see if everyone was okay, and they were. As the car creaked along the road again we began to discuss what we should do. The roads were getting worse and we were still quite a ways away from Billings. So, we decided to stay the night in Big Timber. We ate dinner and stayed the night... and that is where I am now writing from. I was bummed that I would not be in my classroom today. I had to send my plans to Jill who gave them to my sub. I am unsure of our next steps because one of the ladies that is with us got violently ill last night and is, at the moment unable to travel. So, everything is up in the air. I will write again when I get home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where in the World
<

1 comment:
Abbie thanks for the update, dad said you were in Big Timber. Let me know when you get home.
Post a Comment