Friday, October 3, 2008

Bright Colors

OK, so I need to write and tell you what happened yesterday. When Paul was dropping me off at school we noticed two massive trucks that were on the primary side of the building dumping rocks into the playground. They were HUGE trucks. I didn't think anything of it until recess at 10:15. At that time my class headed outside after the big tests that they were taking. we came out and there were two second grade classes and two third grade classes outside as well as my class. The kids were doing fine and the second grade teacher kept apologizing because they had to come over to the intermediate playground. I assured her that it was no big deal. about 10 minutes into recess the two trucks started heading over onto our side of the building. They were coming around the back heading straight for a group of tiny second graders and a kickball game. I have never felt so frantic. I went running across the field flailing my arms and yelling at the kids to move away from the trucks. I was luckily dressed that day in a bright green skirt and bright orange top. I couldn't be missed. I had no idea where the trucks were headed so I kept right on herding the kids away from the monsters. Finally the trucks rolled onto the road and were out of sight. I was exhausted and the second grade teacher was laughing at how I looked running around in my bright skirt. I know I looked funny! :)

No comments:

Where in the World

<

Our Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers