Thursday, March 20, 2008
The Headless Bunny
Well school started like any normal day today, except for testing, and I got out a huge box that was addressed to the class. Inside there were lots of little stuffed bunnies for each student in the class. A generous grandmother of one of my students sent the box. I handed out the bunnies before the class came in to start the day. They all came flooding in, excited and full of energy. When they saw the bunnies they practically jumped for joy. About a minute after the bell had rung one little, sweet boy came up to me and said, "Mrs. Hansen, um....well...ummm,....my bunny doesn't have a head!" I couldn't believe it! How in the world did I miss that? I mean, I would think that if you touched each bunny while you were distributing them you would see the headless bunny. I started to laugh. (I guess it reminds me of something that would happen to Charlie Brown). He laughed too and a boy in the class asked if he could have the headless bunny. (boys will be boys!!) So the boy sat down with his new bunny in hand and a smile. I don't know why this touched my funny bone...it just did I guess!! Have a great Easter! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where in the World
<

No comments:
Post a Comment