Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Benefits of Technology

There are some things about having and using technology that are pretty incredible.  For example, I have a weather app on my phone that shows the weather, humidity, allergy information and UV intensity (as well as other things) for our area of the world. One thing I often catch myself doing throughout the day is checking out the temperatures and current conditions in Haiti at the same time.

Yesterday was incredibly rainy and chilly; a soup and homemade bread kind of day.  We wore layers of clothes, made hot meals, and snuggled up under blankets with cups of tea. Of course I was checking out the weather on my app many times throughout the day to see how much rain had fallen and what the temperature was. Here the temp was in the 40s and in Haiti? It was 89 degrees with a "real feel" of 99. Whoa!! Talk about different!

As I checked on the weather and waited in line with Paul and the girls to get our fingerprinting done for the next part of the adoption process, I was reminded of just how much of a culture shock our children will have. Weather just being a smidgen of what they will experience.

My prayers today revolve around all the extreme differences our children will face when they come home and praying that Paul and I will have wisdom to help them adjust to all the "new" they will be facing when they come home.

Isaiah 43:19

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

No comments:

Where in the World

<

Our Journey

Daisypath Anniversary tickers